Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Sha Na Na

That is, JD has a new job! Hooray!! He will start at the end of the month. At this point, I'm happy that he's found a new job because I am looking forward to more traditional cooking. Don't get me wrong; I love and appreciate that JD tries to make dinner for me since he is home all day. The problem lies with the fact that my darling does not really know how to cook, refuses to follow a recipe and believes himself a gourmet.

Last night, we had what can only be described as Pickled Beef, Peppers and Onions. It was not good. JD's method of creating this dish was to completely drown all ingredients in a mixture of balsamic vinegar and spices. After he asked me to do so, I did explain to him that marinating is not the same thing as drowning. I attempted to explain that foods have their own natural flavors and spices can be used to bring those out, but I'm not sure if that message got passed along.

We did better with the food when I used the Dinner Diva's Mega Menu Mailer. Basically, she gives you a shopping list, recipes and instructions for shopping, prepping and freezing 20 different meals. We tried one of the Regular versions and the Low-Carb version as well. Both worked well for us in terms of making sure that we eat more at home and eat more nutritious meals. For us, it was worth the money and the time needed to prep all the food when you first get it.

No comments: