Monday, November 5, 2007

Hi, we're in Delaware

This weekend, JD and I went to the wedding of a law school friend of mine. It turned out to be a great reunion of my law school chums and we had such a good time dancing and catching up! Even JD joined in the dancing with his wheelchair!

Some highlights:

  • When the rabbi announced, "by the power vested in me by the State of Delaware," all of us giggled and whispered, "Dela-where?"
  • All the law school gals got our groove on to "Hot in Herre" by Nelly - a song that we've danced to at each of our weddings together.
  • JD and I did swing dancing in a corner of the room so there would be room for his wheelchair to spin around and the photographer took a bunch of pics of us!
  • The groom's sister put together a really sweet PowerPoint presentation of the bride and groom growing up and their years of dating.
  • Seeing the bride and groom so happy and kissing endlessly.
We definitely needed this fun. The trip was 99% good, only marred by a small spat between us on Sunday morning, but was easily made up. I don't like to do this, but I think JD needs reminding every so often that his current disability is hard on me as well as on himself. His acknowledgement of the situation helps me to stay cool and hold my temper.

We got home around 3 PM yesterday and I slept for 3 hours. It was wonderful!! I had set out a dinner to defrost and marinate in the fridge while we were away, so we had a nice home-cooked meal Sunday night. Yay - no spending of money! The meal was Chicken with Honey, Garlic and Orange Sauce and I made a side of green beans and mac'n'cheese. Overall, a really nice weekend.

How was yours?

No comments: