Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ordinary Day

Summary: In which nothing earth shattering happens and aren't we all glad for that?

No big news here. John Dear is constantly sniffling due to a bad cold and The Boy is currently resting on his new orthopedic, made-for-senior-dogs bed. I'm tooling around online and watching a Tivo'd episode of It Takes a Thief (greatest TV show ev-ah).

I made us homemade egg mcmuffins this morning with our wedding toaster, now finally out of the box. Lunch was leftover Chinese food and dinner will be with JD's parents.

I spent a couple hours this morning in cleaning our bedroom. I worked on two areas: the closet floor and the top of our bureau. Both are now cleaned off. We have a huge box of things to bring to Goodwill, and a lot of cardboard boxes to go into recycling. The only thing left from this morning's session is to put away the bedroom keep pile and the other room keep pile.

I remain hopeful that I will be able to think in this house. (Currently, there's too much clutter to think straight).

After putting away the two to-keep piles, I will put away the clean, folded laundry we have. That may be all I get done today, and that's a ton. The clean house will eventually happen.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We are kindred spirits- I can't think in a cluttered house either. Sounds like you are making great progress on the piles!

HereWeGoAJen said...

My house has been cluttered since we moved. It is driving me crazy. My in-laws are coming next Friday and Matt wants to have them stay here. I may die.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I am exactly the same way--I can't think with clutter. I love big cleaning days.

Io said...

Good luck with teh decluttering. And YES! To Catch a Thief is awesome.

Antigone said...

That's what I was supposed to do this weekend! I've lived here for almost a year and am still surrounded by boxes. I need to set aside this weekend for house repairs and unpacking.

annacyclopedia said...

Ahh, decluttering. The never-ending story. I'm trying to get it under control in my house, too. Our bedroom is the worst!