Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Updating 101/1001 Project

I am now less than 1 year away from the deadline of my 101 Things in 1001 Days Project (see the list on my left sidebar). Given the time restraints, I'm reevaluating some of the Things that are not possible and replacing them with Things that are possible.

Here's what I'm changing:

15. Take an obedience class with The Boy, JD and me
I find that this not really necessary anymore, I'll be replacing this with Organize front hall closet.

43. Reach 200 lbs
Such a loss would not be healthy in the remaining time frame, I'll be replacing this with See dermatologist for skin cancer check.

44. Reach 180 lbs
Such a loss would not be healthy in the remaining time frame, I'll be replacing this with See a personal trainer to start a weight training regimen.

45. Reach 160 lbs
Such a loss would not be healthy in the remaining time frame, I'll be replacing this with Start buying grass-fed meat and pastured poultry.

79. Go horseback riding
Not possible at current weight (at local places), I'll be replacing this with Go apple picking.

86. Take a dance class with JD
Not possible given JD's health issues, I'll be replacing this with Preserve a food by canning.

91. Make a quilt
No proper equipment, I'll be replacing this with Complete a Needlework Project.

93. See all of my company's properties (seen 20/56)
Not possible to finish due to economic constraints, I'll be replacing this with Make homemade yogurt.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooo, if only I lived closer. I'd come over and help you can (today I'm canning apple juice) and quilt!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've been thinking about both canning and yogurt! Please post when you do them? :)

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Oooh--I'll join you for apple picking. Do you also know Kol Foods? They're local, but they'll ship their grass-fed, healthy meat to your home (I am so dumb in meat that I don't completely know the whole list of things that Kol Foods does not use, but it's grass-fed and hormone-free and humane, et al).

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Making your own yogurt sounds really interesting! I hope to see a post on how that goes!

Anonymous said...

those sound like great goals! I made a list like that too and got through about 1/3 and made changes to the other ones I had too. I love the idea of making your own yogurt, yum!