Tuesday, March 6, 2012

This Goin' Up Is Bringin' Me Down

I gained at Weight Watchers this week.  Instead of being down 2 lbs., now I'm only down .6 lbs.  This stinks.  I'm being religious with the tracking and I walked at least 20 minutes most days.  I also brought in lunch 4 times and brought snack for myself every day.  I think it's the going out on the weekends and the portions.

I don't think it's realistic for me to not go out to eat, but I do need to improve upon the good choices that I'm already making.  For example, I teach a class on Wednesdays and after class, I went out to The Cheesecake Factory and had the Asian Chicken Lettuce Tacos from their SkinnyLicious Menu.  Good choice - low in points and very filling (btw, tastes fantastic!).  Yet because I was starving when we got to dinner, I also ordered the Beets with Goat Cheese, and a couple slices of bread with butter.  I had brought a snack to class, but it definitely was not enough for me to not feel starving.

So, here's what I'm going to do about that this week -- bring a bigger snack with me to work on Wednesdays so that I won't be starving when it's time for dinner.  I'm also going to try measuring my food when I'm cooking at home, so I don't have "portion creep."  I would like also to keep up the amount of activity that I did this past week.

Time for my afternoon snack: fruit cup with grapes, pineapple and cantaloupe.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

It's really hard when you eat out. Have they opened a Seasons 52 around you yet? There's one in Tysons now (see you never should have left ;) and everything on the menu is under 300 calories. Apps and the bread (or even worse chips and salsa) kill me too.

Good luck, keep up the good work!