Thursday, August 16, 2007

Elvis as POTUS


Elvis Presley was always tops with my parents. They got to see him in Vegas when he started performing there (when he was right at the edge of the precipice). For me, I've always enjoyed most of Elvis' songs, but I seem to like them more and more as I get older. For example, I never was into "Can't Help Falling In Love With You," but I've grown to like it and it became our first dance song at our wedding.

Anyways, I've been reading a Television Without Pity commentary on an Elvis documentary and needed to share the following:

Steven Boone: If Elvis had gone the evangelical route, he'd probably still
be here, and we'd prolly have three wars alongside Iraq and Afghanistan.

Sars: President Presley.

MZS: Oh, man, I SEE it.

Sars: Thirty years dead he's still better than the current occupant.

MZS: Elvis would have declared, like, one war per month. But on the plus
side: he would have kicked ass performing at his own inaugural.
RIP
Elvis Aaron Presley
1935-1977

No comments: