Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hark, the Herald iPod Sings

Saw this meme over at annacyclopedia's and wanted to do it right away. 'Course, I was at work when I first wanted to do this and my dear, sweet iPod was not. Now, after a very nice morning, JD and I just had a screaming fight, so we're not speaking right now. The best thing to do? A meme.

The rules: Put your iPod on shuffle and match each consecutive song that comes up in order to answer the following questions in order. Confession time: I've got lots of audiobooks and C-SPAN podcasts on my iPod, so I'll be skipping over those tracks, since my theme song for infertility is definitely NOT "Brian Lamb interviews Tony Snow, former press secretary for President Bush".

1. The song for you that existed before you ever thought about your fertility:
Don't Write Me Off Just Yet by Hugh Grant (Music & Lyrics soundtrack)
"For years I've been telling myself the same old story, that I'm happy to live off my so-called former glories. But you've given me a reason to take another chance. Now I need you, despite the fact that you killed all my plants."

2. Would you really want to go back and be that person again?
Never Did No Wanderin' by The Folksmen (A Mighty Wind soundtrack)
"They say the highway is just one big road and it goes from here to there. And they say you carry a heavier load when you're rolling down the line somewhere."

3. The song for when you first started fertility treatments:
Oops...I Did It Again by Britney Spears
"I think I did it again. I made you believe"

4. What did infertility do to your sex life?
Vertigo by U2
"I'm at a place called vertigo. Donde esta? It's everything I wish I didn't know. But you give me something I can feel."

5. What about superstitions and fertility rituals?
I'm Gonna Find Another You by John Mayer
"Now I'm gonna dress myself for two. Once for me and once for someone new. I'm gonna do somethings you wouldn't let me do. Oh I'm gonna find another you."

6. How about "alternative" treatments (i.e., acupuncture, yoga, etc.)?
Come Round Soon by Sara Bareilles
"He's taken and leaving. But I keep believing that he's gonna come round soon. Until I see him again, I'm staying, believing that it won't be deceiving when he's gonna come round."

7. How do you feel about coming out of the IF closet?
The Silver Swan by The Douglas Frank Chorale
"The silver swan, who living had no note, when death approached, unlocked her silent throat."

8. Your song for other people's baby showers?
Cell Block Tango by Danny Elfman (Chicago soundtrack)
"And he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times."

9. What about our scary friend, hope?
All Mixed Up by 311
"You've got to trust your instincts, and let go of regret."

10. And lastly, the theme song of your fertility journey:
Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5
"Give me something to believe in, cause I don't believe in you anymore, anymore. I wonder if it even makes a difference to try. So this is goodbye."

6 comments:

LJ said...

Happy almost birthday!!!!! Doing anything fun?

HereWeGoAJen said...

I don't even have an iPod. I am not cool enough.

annacyclopedia said...

I, for one, would have loved to hear what Bush's former press secretary had to say about some of these questions. Maybe you could do the meme over again using just C-SPAN material?

Sunny said...

How funny! The songs fit so perfectly!!!

Unknown said...

hi, word on the street is, it's your birthday. I just wanted to stop by and say I really enjoy your blog, and I wish you a very happy day!

Io said...

You mean scrambled eggs with freezer-burned blueberries and Lowery's seasoning salt aren't delicious?