Sunday, January 4, 2009

Paying It Forward

In the spirit of the inevitable procrastination that New Year's brings, I am finally passing on an award and a meme for which I've been tagged.

First, the amazing Kymberli (it sounds like she's a magician and she might be, but I really believe she's just so cool) awarded me with her Red Cape Award.

Red Cape Award
Many thanks to Kym for the award. It does indeed make me feel good to know that someone out there thinks I'm a bada** superhero. :)

I would like to pass the award to several bloggers who I'm lucky enough to know in real life and who inspire me on a daily basis.

Mel of Stirrup Queens. The indisputable Mother Hen of our ALI community, Mel is a model to me of a sensitive person of joy and faith. She's also one mo-fo of a baker.

Barren of Barren is the New Black. After two long car rides filled with hysterical laughter, Barren is definitely the Queen of TOOTPU Transportation for me. She rocks and she should know it.

Lindsay of Our Family Beginnings. As I often say, she's the awesomest awesome-oh around. Basically, Lindsay is the coolest person that I know in real life.

Leah of Tales from My Dusty Ovaries. Leah and I have similar senses of humor, but she's way funnier. She's the Bea Arthur to my Estelle Getty.

::::: Passing along the Red Cape Award :::::

On your blog, copy and paste the award, these rules, a link back to the person who selected you, and a link to this post: Red Cape Award SuperCrew. This is a running list of awardees.

Check in on the SuperCrew post by leaving a link to your blog and a comment to let Kymberli of I'm a Smart One know that you were passed a Red Cape Award so she can add you to the list.

Select as many award recipients as you would like, link to their blogs (if they have one), and explain why you have chosen them.

Let them know that you have selected them for an award by commenting on one of their posts.

If you find that someone you want to nominate has already been selected by someone else, you can still honor them by posting a comment on their award post stating your reasons for wishing to grant them the award.

You do not have to wait until someone nominates you to nominate someone else.



Next, Liddy has tagged me to do a Random Things meme.

Rules:
A. Link to the person who tagged you.
B. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about you.
C. Tag 7 random people at the end, and include links to their blogs.

1. I can't get the song "Baby It's Cold Outside" out of my head. It's been going for three days straight.
2. I have 6 first cousins.
3. I recently switched from using LibraryThing to Shelfari.
4. When I was little, my three favorite movies were: Pollyanna, The Parent Trap and Swiss Family Robinson.
5. I love playing "pixel hunt" games on the computer. (Those are games where you have to locate hidden objects in a picture.
6. I'll be going to a week-long conference in California in a few weeks, and I'm already concerned that John Dear will trash the house.
7. I'm a Pisces.

I tag:
Heather of Yummy Sushi Pajamas
Anna of Working On It
Io of Who Shot My Stork?
Shelby of The Great Big If
The Angry Infertile
Hillary of Making Me Mom
Jess of Life in the White House

4 comments:

Leah said...

Thanks!! That's neato because I think *you* are funnier than *me*. What a team, eh? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hope you can get "Baby it's cold outside" Out of your head. I am currently, stuck with "Bad Day" as E has been watching football all weekend.

Also hopefully JD doesn't trash the place when you are gone.

JW Moxie said...

If I was a magician, I'd sprinkle awesomeness with dazzling glitter and a flourish of my wand and make what you most desire just appear for you. But since I'm not and I can't, I'll just keep reading along and rooting for you, my friend.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Aaaah, tricky, tricky. Butter me up and then I bake for you :-)

I love the image of myself as a hen. Cluck cluck.

Thank you so much for this. Finally getting caught up on Reader.