Tuesday, March 3, 2009

24 - Gotta Love It

The following post discusses last night's episodes of 24, so if you don't want to be spoilered, look away, look away!




OH MAH GAWSH! What an exciting two hours. They are finally bringing back the suspense.

My only problem with the episodes last night is that the writers seem to be pulling ideas from other books and movies. Not an original thought left, I guess. For example:
  • Underwater divers swimming through dark waters to gain secret entrance to a location -- seen in The Rock
  • President being locked into underground bunker while terrorists take over the White House and try to break in -- seen in Vince Flynn's excellent novel, Transfer of Power
  • Lone agent and important personage (here, Aaron Pierce and Olivia Taylor) hiding from terrorists in the White House -- also seen in Transfer of Power
  • President is punched for speaking impudently to terrorists -- seen in Air Force One

These were just an example. Can you come up with any others?

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm not allowed to watch 24 anymore. Back dozens of years ago, I burst into tears when they shot an extra in the head and Matt decided that I was getting too involved.

Jessica White said...

I've never watched...and being that we don't have tv now...doubt I will. I know that I always hate when a story line becomes so obviously pulled from somewhere else.