Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pesach Prep

Here's why it would pay me to be organized and post lists in my house that John Dear would read: I now have 10 boxes of matzah. Ten! And not the good kind, the drier than a stale rice cake kind that JD likes. We only went through two of those boxes last year! So now I've got a matzah overload. Will have to make matzah brei for the entire building to get rid of this.

The following is more for my memory, but I'm posting the list to make myself accountable.

Total Days till Pesach: 13

Prep List for Pesach (in the order they appear in my head)
-Figure out where we're going for seders
-Discuss with Mom and SIL what we should bring
-Make meal plan and grocery list for all of Pesach
-Arrange with BFF to take chametz
-Clean out fridge
-Clean out silverware drawer
-Kasher silverware
-Find Pesach box (with Pesach dishes, pots and pans) in big living room mess (but might be in JD's office mess)
-Clean living room after spare furniture is given away this weekend
-Clean dining room table and cover
-Clean kitchen table and cover
-Buy tablecloths
-Tape cabinets shut (blue painter's tape is in living room, I think)
-Figure out what I've got left in house to use as meal plan for week before Pesach to use chametz (BFF gets what's left).
-Check if I need Pesach cooking utensils (might be in Pesach box)
-Pull unopened sugar and tea packages for use during Pesach (Rabbi says OK to use)
-Wash all dirty dishes and empty dishwasher before taping up cabinets!! (Lesson from experience)
-Figure out whether I need to cover kitchen counters or if I can just clean them
-No food in outer rooms after this Friday - make sure to remind JD about this on Monday morning
-Check if I need foil pans for kugels
-Redo clothing organization diagrams for JD and hang up (this has nothing to do with Pesach, just came to me)
-Clean oven and stove
-After turning kitchen, clean new crockpot for use during Pesach
-Big food processer is still kosher for passover; stop worrying about it
-Need (shoot! Computer crashed and now I don't know).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a lifetime to do all this
BFF

Io said...

Oy! That's a lotta matzah!
I am tired just reading your list, so good luck getting it all done!

Fairion said...

I was introduced to a great trick for covering the counters last year - non stick contact paper. It is much sturdier and easier to clean than the tinfoil I had always used. Supposedly you can even reuse it from year to year but that creeped me out.

JW Moxie said...

I know that I could just do an easy blog search, but as a Christian, I was wondering if you could explain Pesach and how you celebrate it with your family and JD's family? I love hearing about religions and traditions in the words of those who actually celebrate it, not just some random report-like post.

Fairion said...

Do you still need a place to go for Seder?