Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Day Off

So, today I took the day off of work in order to help BFF move across town. What a beautiful day! Not too hot (at least in the morning); things returned to garden center (w/ no receipt, so got store credit); old love seat moved (donated to BFF); BFF out of apartment with no heat, no A/C, no drawer pulls, no outlet covers (yes, it's true).

We (well, mostly the awesome movers) moved BFF to her new apartment in a fabulous location. I really think and hope that she will be happy in her new place. After dropping her off at her old place (so she could clean up and get her dog) and driving home, I received a call from her telling me that she had already lost the keys to her new place and she would need to use the copy that she just gave me in case she locked herself out. So, BFF and her dog will be coming over soon, along with the dinner that I had brought over for her so she would have a nice dinner in her new place. Not CORE, but we'll live.

3 comments:

Io said...

Heh. That totally sounds like something I would do!
Good for you helping your friend move - the mark of true friendship, that.

HereWeGoAJen said...

That was a very productive day! Good for you.

Alison said...

You are such a good friend! Moving is the suck.