John Dear and I are still rocking the weight loss. With Weight Watchers, JD has lost 9.6 lbs and I have lost 7.2 lbs. The CORE plan is really working for us. If I maintain my current rate of loss, I will get my BMI to the magic number (40) for IVF around November. I'm already seeing a difference in the shape of my face, and my pants and shirts are starting to feel loose.
Goals for this Week
1. Eat only CORE foods from Monday - Thursday.
I'm not sure how this goal will work out, but I'm interested to try. It will help so that I can save my weekly points allowance for the 4th of July holiday (at the beach! Woo hoo!).
2. Exercise every day, Monday - Friday.
I wanted to keep the goal of exercising 6 days in the week, but I skipped Saturday and Sunday, so that goal is shot for this week. Instead, I'll be focusing on exercising during all the days I have left this week by scheduling it into my calendar. I'm still really motivated to hit that 6 days a week goal, so I'm saving it for next week.
Menu Plan for this Week
Monday - Fish w/ leftover Chinese eggplant (brown rice)
Tuesday - Weight Watchers recipe: Grilled Chicken w/ Peppers & Chimichurri Sauce
Wednesday - Steak w/ veggies (baked potato)
Thursday - Salad w/ sliced steak on top
Friday - Jen's Better-than-Crack Salad (recipe below), Hamburgers, Weight Watchers dessert (haven't decided on it yet)
Saturday - BBQ chicken (corn-on-the-cob)
Sunday - Scrambled eggs (sliced potatoes and shallots)
Monday - Weight Watchers recipe: Provençal Beef Stew
1 bunch scallions
1-2 cups slivered almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1 pkg. Ramen
Rice wine vinegar
1. Slice cabbage into ribbon strips. Slice scallions. Mix in large bowl.
2. Toast almonds and sesame seeds in a small frying pan to light golden brown. Add to bowl.
3. Take Ramen package, unopened, and break noodles apart. Not too much, just enough to break the noodles into smaller pieces. Add to bowl.
4. Empty Ramen seasoning packet into a small bowl. Mix with drizzled olive oil, whisking in enough olive oil to mix thoroughly. Slowly add in several tablespoons of vinegar, whisking constantly. Keep drizzling and whisking in olive oil until you have the taste and consistency you like.
5. Pour dressing on salad and toss.
Chunks of cooked chicken can be added to the salad to make a more substantial meal.