Monday, June 16, 2008

Menu for this Week

Last week's menu plan went really well. I also did well on my goals for the week. Goal 1: Make all lunches and dinners CORE. All but one of my lunches were CORE and all of my dinners were CORE. Goal 2: Exercise at least 6 times during the week. I exercised 5 times during the week.

I registered a 0.6 pound loss when I weighed in on Saturday morning. I think this loss would have been more had I not had spaghetti (whole wheat) and meatballs (lean ground turkey) on Friday night, something I did the week before as well. I'm not beating myself up about it at all; I'm very happy that I'm losing, but I am changing my meal plan around so I don't have pasta the night before I weigh in.

This week, I'm going to be having some of the meals that were on last week's list as we never got to them.

This Week's Plan
Monday: Eggplant Parmigiana, whole wheat noodles
Tuesday: Moroccan Slow-Cooker Stew
Wednesday: Italian-seasoned Chicken with veggies, polenta
Thursday: Broccoli-Shallot Frittata
Friday: Teriyaki Chicken w/ stir-fry veggies
Saturday: Dream Dinner!!! Yahoo!

This Week's Goals
1. Use Splenda in coffee/tea instead of sugar.
This goal seems difficult as I prefer using the natural product, sugar, over something artificial. Yet, Splenda is CORE and sugar is not.

2. Exercise at least 6 days during the week.
I'm hoping that I achieve this goal this week.

Planning for Next Week
Since I have a Dream Dinners session scheduled for Saturday, I don't think next week's dinners will be CORE. That doesn't really screw up what I do for lunch, but it will entail changes in John Dear's plans. I think that we will need to pack his lunch while eating Dream Dinners meals so that he doesn't blow through points by eating his regular lunch (a 5-point Caesar salad with chicken or steak).

UPDATE: John Dear went to weigh-in tonight and he has a lost a total of 4.8 lbs!!! JD is rocking that sheeeeeeeet!

14 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wow! You are doing awesome! Keep up the good work!

Happy said...

Do you have a nutritious eggplant parm recipe? You know, not deep fat fried like in a restaurant? Moroccan Crockpot chicken sound pretty good. Recipe?

Unknown said...

the whole dream dinners things sounds amazing. u r lucky

Io said...

Can I come over for dinner on Monday?

...and maybe the rest of the week too?

Tricia said...

Wow, you are my WW inspiration! I need to get back to it!!

Thanks for the comment.

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

I was looking through your 101 in 1001 porject...I must say you are truly inspiring!!!!!!!!!

xoxo

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

gah! hate hate typos! i meant: project!!! gah gah!

and Moroccan Slow-Cooker Stew sounds good in where i am at now..freezing cold! :)

nancy said...

You are doing really well! Woohoo!!!

Oh, and can you come over an plan out my meals too? You seem way better at this than I am!

Andy said...

Yummy, your meal plan sound great!!Good luck!

Kim said...

COngrats on the continued weight loss. Why is it that men lose weight so much quicker - and easier! nclm

MissNoAngel (find me on Twitter) said...

Sounds yummy! Congrats on the weight loss!

Alison said...

I might have to copy down your dinner plan. It all sounds so good!

Jill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I always get relieved to find someone out there who is also doing WW. I'll have to use you as my inspiration!

Kristine said...

I'm so impressed with your menu planning! Great job!