As I wrote previously, I just started seeing a nutritionist connected with my fertility clinic. I'm hoping that her advice will help me lose weight a little bit faster and more effectively when done in conjunction with the Weight Watchers program I'm currently following.
I met with the nutritionist for about 2 hours and she talked to me about my goals, issues, what I was eating and what I thought I could change.
She helped me to lay out several basics:
- Dairy: reduce the amount I'm eating, eliminate cheese, switch from skim to whole milk.
- Starches: only whole grain varieties (basically did this already), eat at breakfast or lunch, no starch at dinner.
- Timing: eat every four hours, make sure that you are actually hungry when you do eat. NO eating after 8 PM.
- Protein: make sure to have protein with every meal and every snack.
- Natural Foods: closer to nature is best, so no more artificial sweetener, go back to sugar; choose organic whenever possible.
-2 scrambled eggs on whole wheat toast (my usual breakfast, but without the cheese)
-Oatmeal with fruit and whole milk
-Cereal and flax seeds with fruit and whole milk
-Smoothie of fruit, whey protein powder and whole milk
-Tuna on whole wheat with veggies (a variation on my usual lunch, a tuna melt)
-Salad with grilled chicken and balsamic vinaigrette
-Salad and soup
-Fage (Greek yogurt) with fruit and nuts
-Protein + Veggies
-Fage with fruit
-Apple with nut butter (almond or cashew is preferable to PB)