Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Resting & Cooking

Who knows what my body is doing? I sure don't. The pink streaks stopped after two hours yesterday.

I kept taking my Prom.etri.um, thinking it can't hurt to keep taking it.

My nurse confirmed my thoughts that this really could be anything: random spotting, my period, who knows. She said that I should keep taking the Prom.e.tri.um and I should not exercise or do anything strenuous and that hopefully, we'll get a great beta result. The beta will remain on Friday morning as previously scheduled.

Will be on my feet a lot all this week at night since I'm doing lots and lots of cooking for Rosh Hashanah. I'm going to try to modify my actions so that I'm taking good breaks and putting my feet up as much as I can.

Yesterday, I made two Carrot-Zucchini Kugels (pudding/casserole). I had hoped to get in a Potato Kugel in there, but I started cooking too late in the evening to throw that in as well. I'll cook that tonight and I also plan to make an Apple-Banana Cake recipe that I found at Sugarlaws.

Tomorrow, I plan to make Honey-Walnut Cookies from a Mahtha (aka Martha Stewart) recipe that went over well last year. Thursday night, I'm planning to make two different versions of challah, one from Baking & Books, the other from The Meatless Chulent.

Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Good luck with all that cooking! I hope you are able to rest and put your feet up some this weekend.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Melissa G said...

Gotta love that holiday cooking!

Hope you're able to get some rest. Friday will be here before you know it!

annacyclopedia said...

Hang in there, honey! Hope the cooking helps take your mind off the wait and you are enjoying the busy creativity of all your holiday cooking. And could you send me the recipe for the carrot-zucchini kugel? Sounds awesome!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Good, I'll hang on to hope as long as there is hope to hang on to!

AmandaM said...

Hope the beta is good, keeping my fingers crossed for you! All your cooking sounds delish, good luck with it!

'Murgdan' said...

Luck luck luck!!! All my wishes of luck. Hooray for the spotting stopping and YUM on the recipes you mentioned.

Anonymous said...

glad the spotting stopped - I am hoping for a great news on Friday!

Meghan said...

Glad t$eh spotting stopped! Happy cooking, happy new year, and good luck

Hillary said...

It sounds like the cooking might be a nice distraction! Thinking of you!

Leah said...

Good luck and happy cooking. I'm DYING to hear about this beta on Friday. You are torturing me with the refusal to POAS. I'm the queen of peeing on sticks. HOW CAN YOU RESIST? It's like you're an alien or something, I can't comprehend that kind of self-control.

Keep cooking, keep resting, and keep the faith for a good beta!

Melis.sa said...

Good luck!! another post with delicious food! Praying for a great beta!!

Geohde said...

Oh the tww is cruel. I hope it *is* a great beta and the spotting stops. You know, and not a period.

xx

g

Lynn said...

Oooh, have fun with the cooking! Wish I could join you....I love to cook :D Praying you get a great beta result on Friday!