Friday, April 24, 2009

Music for Work

Thought I'd share what I'm listening to during my work hours. I use Playlist.com for my working hours. You can put together a playlist of your fave songs and, while you don't get to own the songs, you don't have to pay for them either.

I change my playlists all the time; these are some of the songs that are getting me through the work day right now:

"Istanbul Not Constantinople"-They Might Be Giants
"Personal Jesus" - Depeche Mode
"Bizarre Love Triangle" - New Order
"Better Together" - Jack Johnson
"Why Do You Let Me Stay Here" - She and Him
"Alright with Me" - Eric Hutchinson
"Lucky" - Jason Mraz (w/ Cobie Caillat)
"Pop" - *NSYNC (yes, I love them. Deal with it).
"Wonderwall" - Ryan Adams (remake of the Oasis song; heard it on an episode of Lie to Me)
"Jai Ho" - A.R. Rahman (from Slumdog Millionaire)

13 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

Very Cool - We have similiar taste in Music.

GeekByMarriage said...

Love love love TMBG!

Saw them in concert last year and had a freakin' blast!

Mr. Shelby said...

I love they might be giants. Particle Man is one of my favorites. Thanks for giving me some ideas on new music.

Mr. Shelby (from iclw)

Cara said...

I'm a TMBG kids-rock fan. My girls totally rock out!!

iclw

LJ said...

What a cool site! Nice.

..al said...

I love Jai Ho and Wonderwall...thx for sharing!


ICLW

Phoebe said...

What a great idea with Playlists.com I think I have been listening to my same playlist for a couple of years now. Needless to say, it's getting ooold. I too love TMBG!

ICLW

chicklet said...

I use seeqpod.com that does a simmilar thing that makes it easy for work. Love your playlist:-)

Misty said...

Love your playlist. I do the same thing and it definitely makes getting through the day easier.

JW Moxie said...

I shit you not - I was rocking out to "Pop" last week. I even know the choreography. Here's some advice - don't try to do the choreography to "Pop" while on the way to work. Then you might avoid whacking a random neighbor's mailbox. I'm not saying I did that, but ummm...yeah. :)

tireegal68 said...

I love your playlist.
Happy ICLW! I wonder if we are in the same age bracket as the first few on that list definitely seem to be in a certain era. I should try that playlist thing - I use pandora.com but you can't pick a playlist i don't think.

Amy said...

I'm loving that "Lucky" song lately.

Anonymous said...

the Ryan Adams version of Wonderwall kills me. Just kills me. GAH, I love him.

EXCELLENT list!

iclw