Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Prelims

Just got off the phone with my nurse. It looks like we won't be able to move forward this cycle, because we've got preliminaries to get out of the way first.

  • We need to schedule a consult with our doctor so that we can discuss dIUIs specifically and confirm that that's what we're doing.
  • We need to schedule a consult with Giant Fertility Clinic's shrink to be cleared for going forward with donor sperm. (Asked whether we could get a letter from our therapists and was told no).
  • My nurse will be sending us a big packet of info on choosing donors and how much to get and that should show up at our door in the next few days.
  • I know that I haven't had a physical (gyn or otherwise) in awhile, so I'm going to try and schedule that, since I'm pretty sure that GFC will want that info updated before we move forward.
  • Gained back some of the weight I had lost (gained 9 lbs, have lost 1 already), so I'm going to be trying hard to get back down to my fighting weight in the next few weeks.

I feel like we're moving forward at the very least. :)

14 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

Doesn't it feel good to know that things are progressing? I'm very happy for you and I hope you are finding peace with it all.

Thinking and cheering for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, it's never easy is it? Well, at least you have a plan now. I imagine picking a donor will be the hardest part. It would be for me anyhow.

annacyclopedia said...

For me, picking the donor was one of the highlights of the whole process! It was hard in some ways but it felt so good after waiting for so long to even start trying. So I know that feeling of relief over moving forward. Words can't even express how excited I am for you, Jendeis!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Good! I'm glad things are progressing nicely. It looks like you have everything under control.

Meghan said...

Forward movement is such a good feeling. I'm so excited for you.

calliope said...

so so glad there is progress. Annoying that one of the things on the list is that you guys have to meet with a clinic shrink as opposed to being able to simply supply a letter from your own person. eye roll!
Can't wait to hear more about the process!
xo

Fairion said...

Yay for forward momentum. And definitely get the checkup. GFC is who I think it is you will need everything including a recent PAP smear. We had to get one just before our IUI cycle since the one we got when started the process expired during all the other testing.

~Hollie said...

you are moving, this is a good thing! Keeping up with all the tests and having them "recent" enough is a pain, but necessary evil. keep going girl! Lots of luck with the weight loss, you can do it!

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Good luck!! I find it very interesting that I go to a very large clinic and we're the only ones of the DI bloggers that I can think of that didn't have to have a psychological evaluation...oh, well can't do anything about it now...

'Murgdan' said...

Sorry you hit a roadbump...but I am so glad you are moving forward. Doesn't it feel good?

Io said...

I'm glad you've got the plan to move forward!

AwkwardMoments said...

Progress is good!

Jen said...

Yay for forward movement. It must feel good.

I'm curious what it will be like to choose a donor. I can only imagine the mix of emotions.

barrenisthenewblack said...

A plan! A plan! My type A (minus after lots of therapy) self is so excited for you. Perhaps we should have some tea or another diet-approved snack to celebrate?
barren